The Company recognises that the operation of vessels involves a risk to the health and safety of its employees, to third parties, and the environment.
The Company is responsible for minimising such risks by:
- Conducting its business affairs, such that all decision making takes full account of safe vessel operations.
- Ensuring that the managed vessels are operated in accordance with National, and International Maritime Legislation, regarding safety and environmental protection measures.
- Employing competent and suitably qualified Personal, who are able to effectively supervise and carry out safety and environmental protection, as defined in the SMM operating procedures.
- Providing suitable training for Personal to facilitate the effective employment of the operating procedures.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of shipboard safety and environmental performance and the related procedures.
- Utilising the accident and pollution prevention measures, by conducting investigations of shipboard accidents/incidents and using the recommendations to prevent re-occurrence.
- Maintaining contingency plans to be used in the event of emergency situations.
- Provide for safe practices in ship operation and a safe working environment.
- Assess all risks to its ships, personnel, and environment and to establish appropriate safe guards.
- Continuously improve safety management skills of personnel, including preparing for emergencies.
The Company will focus on the global perspective of its activities, which have a major impact on the environment. Such activities and aspects will be revised, and if necessary replaced frequently, to ensure the continuous improvement of the SMM, and the Company’s performance.