In considering that safe cargo operations re integral to its business performance, it is Company’s policy that all operations related to loading, stowage, carriage and discharge of all types of cargo are carried out ensuring high and continually improving standards with regards to safety and the prevention of pollution.
Procedures for safe cargo operations are contained within the SMM and in particular the various ship specific manuals. In following and complying with such procedures, the Company’s objectives are to:
- Provide for safe practices in cargo operations and a safe working environment
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks
- Continually improve the skills of personnel ashore and afloat including preparing for emergencies related to both safety & environmental protection
- Comply with all regulations, flag state and international law as well as industry codes, guidelines and best practice
- Ensure complete care of cargo from loading through to discharge
- Keep all personnel appraised of known or potential hazards relating to the cargo that may affect persons, the ship or the environment
- Ensure relevant personnel are suitably trained in relation to the cargo being handled and the cargo equipment used.